Did you know that dryer vents can cause house fires? At High’s Chimney, it is important to our company to educate our clients to help protect their property through our repair and preventative services. When it comes to your dryer, it is vital to properly clean the vents to prevent future property damage. On average, there are an estimated 2,900 home fires reported each year that are caused by dryer vents. Within the same average of 2,900 house fires each year, there is also an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and 35 million dollars accumulated in property loss.
In addition, on average 34% of home clothes dryer fires are caused by failure to clean the dryer. These statistics prove how vital proper maintenance and preventative services are to the safety of your home. Our professional chimney specialists recommend cleaning the lint filter before and after each load of laundry. We also suggest cleaning the lint filter with a nylon brush at least every six months to help relieve congestion. Our team can provide vent pipe cleaning every three months.
If you are noticing your clothes are taking longer to dry than normal, or you would like to ensure your dryer vent is safe and clean, look to our competitive dryer vent cleaning in Fairfax County, VA. Contact our company today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to schedule your next appointment.
At High’s Chimney, we believe in the importance of educating our clients to help prevent and maintain the safety of their chimney and overall property. As your trusted chimney company, we are dedicated to our craft and customers, which is why we continuously improve our services to help you have a superior experience every time. As a homeowner with a fireplace, it is vital to understand the harmful substance called creosote that can accumulate in your chimney.
Creosote is one of the most dangerous things you can find inside of a chimney. This substance is often found in chimneys by building up naturally as you burn fires in your fireplace. This thick substance develops as a part of the combustion process, but it tends to develop when wood is not burned completely. Since creosote is highly flammable if left untreated, a common consequence of creosote build-up is house fires. To prevent a house fire, look to our professional and insured chimney contractors to help you clean your chimneys free of creosote.
Whether you are in need of a chimney repair in Washington, DC, or a chimney cleaning, we are sure to provide you with honest services to better your property. If you are interested in learning more about our services, we encourage you to contact our company today at 1 (888) 444-4712.
High’s Chimney Service strives to offer our clients superior chimney repairs and maintenance plans to ensure their property is safe and efficient. We use the latest technology, such as our high-resolution cameras which help us detect problems for us to find effective solutions. Our company is trusted by over 70,000 in the area. Our competent employees always wear ID badges to ensure your safety. Below we discuss what you can expect from our proper chimney maintenance services.
- Our company works hard to save you money by looking for solutions to make your fireplace more efficient.
- We close off openings from the outside through our chimney caps to deter animals from entering through the chimney. Our stainless steel covers are aesthetically pleasing why keeping unwanted critters, debris, and water from entering through your home.
- We find solutions to remove excess heat from being transmitted throughout your house from your chimney.
- Our chimney cleaning services lead to a better draft, which leads to a better efficiency of your chimney.
- When you look to our company for a chimney sweep in Washington, DC you can expect cleaner and less toxic smoke.
Contact our company today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to schedule a comprehensive chimney sweep.
Spring has sprung, which means it is time to get on your spring cleaning for your air ducts. At High’s Chimney Service, we are proud to be your go-to source for quality chimney services for over 30 years. To ensure your chimney is cleaned to the highest standard, we use our professional chimney cleaning equipment to get the job done right. When it comes to your air ducts, it is vital to have our trusted company clean your vents and ducts for the safety of you and your family. Listed below are some general signs that your air ducts need cleaning.
- When it is time to have your air ducts cleaned, many homeowners will begin to notice unfamiliar odors coming from their vents. These odors can be musty and unpleasant to breathe.
- If you begin experiencing breathing problems due to allergies while in your home, you may need an air duct cleaning to help remove dust and pollutants.
- A common sign that you need an air duct cleaning is having dark areas formulate around your vents.
- If you dust often but notice your dust comes back quickly, this is often due to dirty air ducts blowing into your home.
If you are interested in learning more about our air duct cleaning in Montgomery County, MD, contact us today at 1 (888) 444-4712. It is easy to schedule an appointment online or by phone. We also encourage you to connect with us on Facebook.
At High’s Chimney Service, we believe your fireplace is a functional yet charming feature of your home. Like with many home features, it is critical to invest in regular maintenance and preservation plans to help protect the safety of your loved ones and your home. Below we discuss the possible issues that can be associated with a dirty chimney.
Harmful debris, such as soot and creosote can accumulate in your chimney over time, creating an ideal environment for a chimney fire due to their combustible characteristics. Chimney fires are dangerous because they can spread to other parts of your home.
Dirty chimneys can become clogged over time without a thorough chimney sweep in Washington, DC and the surrounding areas. When your chimney becomes clogged, it can cause a poisonous gas called carbon monoxide to build up in your home. Carbon monoxide can be harmful and deadly if inhaled, so it is vital to have regular chimney sweeps and inspections.
When your chimney becomes dirty and clogged with soot, it can also clog your flue and cause the smoke not to rise. If the smoke does not rise and exit your chimney, it can enter your home and create unwanted smoke damage to your belongings and your air.
Contact us today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to learn more about our chimney sweep services and to schedule an appointment.
Welcome to High’s Chimney Blog. We strive to provide superior chimney installations, repairs, and maintenance services to help you receive the most out of your fireplace. We consider the safety of our client’s one of the most important goals of our company, which is why we provide comprehensive inspections and cleanings. Check below to learn more about the specific services we offer.
- Level 1 Inspection- Our skilled technicians thoroughly examine the readily accessible parts of your chimney.
- Level 2 Inspection- Our level two inspection is a more detailed inspection that reviews the accessible parts of your chimney, in addition to the attic, crawlspace, and other areas.
- Leak Detection & Inspection- This inspection focuses on locating the leaking culprits that are commonly found in the chimney’s cover, crown, bricks, and flashing.
- Chimney Cleaning- We provide comprehensive chimney cleanings to keep your home and loved ones safe.
- Air Duct Cleaning- Our air duct cleaning aims to remove a significant amount of debris and dust from your ducts that can negatively impact your indoor air.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning- We clean your dryer and the venting system to help prevent hazardous home fires.
- Chimney Repair- We provide affordable repairs that are often needed in your chimney, including cracks in the lining, holes in the mortar, deterioration, and more.
Contact us today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to schedule an appointment for a chimney liner installation in Prince George’s County, MD, and the surrounding areas.
Gas fireplaces have several benefits: they’re easy to control, efficient at heating, and clean-burning. Every once in a while, however, there will be issues that need to be addressed. Below are some common problems with gas fireplaces and how to fix them:
Why Won’t My Gas Fireplace Start?
There are several issues that might prevent a gas fireplace from igniting. Here are some potential causes: Continue reading
Asking what’s the best way to waterproof a chimney or what are the best waterproofing products are both understandable enough questions, but they’re also too broad for a simple answer. Best way to waterproof what kind of chimney? Are we waterproofing a vertical wall or the breast of the brickwork? There are brick, concrete block, stucco and stone chimneys and there are different considerations for all of them – meaning you might use different products on different types of chimneys. Let’s peel this back like an onion. Continue reading
I’m sometimes asked “What’s the best way to block a chimney?” You really should ask another question first. Ask “Should I block the chimney flue?” Not necessarily, and in general I wouldn’t (though I will tell you how to do it.) The other, and more important, question you should ask is “Is it safe to block a chimney?” Continue reading
We get at least one of these questions almost every week so maybe I can help by answering them here. Some of them have “do it yourself” answers, but not all of them. In some cases the answer is to get a professional in to look. Here’s what people want to know. Continue reading