At High’s Chimney Service, we believe your fireplace is a functional yet charming feature of your home. Like with many home features, it is critical to invest in regular maintenance and preservation plans to help protect the safety of your loved ones and your home. Below we discuss the possible issues that can be linked with a dirty chimney.
Harmful debris, such as soot and creosote can accumulate in your chimney over time, creating an ideal environment for a chimney fire due to their combustible characteristics. Chimney fires are dangerous because they can spread to other parts of your home.
Dirty chimneys can become clogged over time without a thorough chimney sweep in Washington, DC and the surrounding areas. When your chimney becomes clogged, it can cause a poisonous gas called carbon monoxide to build up in your home. Carbon monoxide can be harmful and deadly if inhaled, so it is vital to have regular chimney sweeps and inspections.
When your chimney becomes dirty and clogged with soot, it can also clog your flue and cause the smoke not to rise. If the smoke does not rise and exit your chimney, it can enter your home and create unwanted smoke damage to your belongings and your air.
Contact us today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to learn more about our chimney sweep services and to schedule an appointment.
Welcome to High’s Chimney Blog. We strive to provide superior chimney installations, repairs, and maintenance services to help you receive the most out of your fireplace. We consider the safety of our client’s one of the most important goals of our company, which is why we provide comprehensive inspections and cleanings. Check below to learn more about the specific services we offer.
- Level 1 Inspection- Our skilled technicians thoroughly examine the readily accessible parts of your chimney.
- Level 2 Inspection- Our level two inspection is a more detailed inspection that reviews the accessible parts of your chimney, in addition to the attic, crawlspace, and other areas.
- Leak Detection & Inspection- This inspection focuses on locating the leaking culprits that are commonly found in the chimney’s cover, crown, bricks, and flashing.
- Chimney Cleaning- We provide comprehensive chimney cleanings to keep your home and loved ones safe.
- Air Duct Cleaning- Our air duct cleaning aims to remove a significant amount of debris and dust from your ducts that can negatively impact your indoor air.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning- We clean your dryer and the venting system to help prevent hazardous home fires.
- Chimney Repair- We provide affordable repairs that are often needed in your chimney, including cracks in the lining, holes in the mortar, deterioration, and more.
Contact us today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to schedule an appointment for a chimney liner installation in Prince George’s County, MD, and the surrounding areas.