Chimney Cleaning in Gaithersburg, MD
Regular chimney cleaning protects your chimney, house, and family from fires. Chimney cleaning removes
dangerous buildups of highly flammable creosote, as well as making sure that gases, vapor, and smoke face no obstruction as they are vented from your house. At High’s Chimney, our lead sweep is always certified–no rookies practicing on your house.
Chimney fires to carbon monoxide poisoning–these are dangers of not cleaning a chimney. Homeowners know this, yet every year there are more chimney-related troubles than the year before, carbon monoxide poisoning in particular. We have become a nation of people living with fatigue, confusion, and flu-like symptoms, and the problem often goes right back to the heat venting system. Whether It’s creosote from wood burning in the fireplace or birds nesting in your gas flue, High’s Chimney can help make sure yours isn’t one of these millions of households with chimney trouble.
Chimney Cleaning Service
- We make sure there is no mess by wearing booties in your home, putting down drop cloths and use a very large vacuum to control the dust.
- The lead sweep is always CSIA or CCP Certified or both.
- We go to the roof whenever possible (99% of the time).
- We Power Brush your chimney (rotary cleaning equipment on extension rods).
- We perform an enhanced Level 1 inspection (usually the equivalent of a Level 2 inspection, but not billed as such) as a normal part of the service.
- We provide you a written report of our findings.
About Chimney Cleaning
You may not realize how important it is for your home to have an annual chimney cleaning. Although chimneys are designed to safely contain a fire, they are also the source of a deadly buildup of creosote. If this substance builds up in sufficient quantities, it can cause an extremely destructive chimney fire. The only way to prevent this from happening is an extensive chimney cleaning.
Even more dangerous than a chimney fire is carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year, tens of thousands of cases of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning are reported, and tens of thousands more go unreported. CO poisoning kills hundreds every year and costs billions in sickness and lost productivity. Heating appliances–gas, oil, and wood alike–are big contributors to those statistics. A blocked or poorly vented gas flue won’t catch fire, but it may kill you anyway.
For safety’s sake, it’s important to have your chimney cleaned once a year to prevent CO poisoning or fires resulting from creosote. The only problem is the fact that servicing your chimney is not an easy task. Chimney cleaning is extremely dirty and labor-intensive, and many folks simply don’t have the time, energy, tools, or experience to get this dirty job done right.
When it comes to choosing the perfect chimney sweep for the job, look to High’s Chimney for all your needs in the Washington DC area. Our chimney sweeps arrive at your home as a team, to get the job done quickly, effectively, and safely. We have a 97% on-time arrival rate!
The lead sweep is certified and experienced, ensuring that the people servicing your chimney are competent!
Why Chimney Cleaning is Important
- Proper chimney maintenance ensures:
- The fireplace continues to properly heat your home efficiently (saving you money).
- Animals are deterred from entering your chimney, which prevents disease, damage, and smoke backup.
- Excess heat is prevented from being transferred into the house structure.
- Better draft, leading to better efficiency of your fireplace or furnace and less smoke in the house.
- Cleaner smoke because your furnace or woodstove burns more efficiently.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How We Clean Your Chimney
We lay down drop cloths in front of the hearth and use industrial-sized vacuums to ensure your home remains dust-free and clean as we clean the inside of your chimney. We use a chimney brush on the end of chimney rods to brush your flue, either from the hearth or the roof, depending on the job. Where possible, we inspect your chimney with a closed-circuit “Chimney Cam.” This shows any hidden problems we might not be able to see with a visual inspection. We go to the roof to inspect your crown, cap, flashing, and mortar joints. When this is all done, we give you a written chimney condition report. Remember, all of our chimney technicians are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America and/or the National Fireplace Institute to ensure the highest level of quality and professionalism.
Contact us to learn more about our chimney cleaning services. We proudly serve clients throughout Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.