The Value of a Second Opinion on Chimney Repairs
There are many individuals and companies in the Gaithersburg, MD, region that offer chimney repair services. Each has a unique way of estimating repair projects and figuring what will be needed to complete the job. Whether you have a homeowner’s insurance claim against chimney damage or are handling the repairs yourself, it can pay you to seek a qualified second opinion.
High’s Chimney Service of Gaithersburg regularly provides homeowners with no-cost, no-obligation second opinions on chimney repair and rebuilding work. As with medical procedures, getting a second opinion prior to having your chimney repaired is simply smart business.
What a Second Opinion Might Tell You
Second opinions and additional estimates for chimney repair services can be eye-opening. When you consult with just a single technician or company, that’s all you have to go on. By getting another perspective, you might learn:
- The first estimate was way out of the ballpark: If you believe the price you’ve been given is excessive, consult with us. We’ll give you a price and explain exactly what’s included and why it’s necessary.
- The first estimate was so low as to be suspect: Estimates that appear to be far below the “norm” may come from inexperienced companies or individuals.
- Many possibly very important tasks were overlooked in the first estimate: Our team brings years of hands-on experience and technical expertise to every job. We know what needs to happen to restore your chimney to top performance and safety.
By providing a second opinion, we’re in no way implying that the first company you speak with is unskilled or unscrupulous. It’s just that when paying for chimney repairs – or having your insurance carrier pay for them – it never hurts to see a broader picture.
In fact, most insurance companies require their policyholders to get two or more estimates for damaged chimney repair. They’re not only looking for the right price, they want to make sure that all the necessary work will be done and done correctly.
Types of Chimney Repair Work
High’s Chimney Service offers a full menu of chimney repairs and rebuilding work. We complete projects right the first time. We offer:
- Chimney masonry repair
- Brick repair/replacement
- Leaky chimney repair
- Chimney liner repair/installation
- Resolution of sluggish venting & backdrafts
- Chimney crown repair/rebuilding
- Complete chimney rebuilding/restoration
- Repair/replacement of chimney caps, chimney
flashing and dampers
and many other important projects.
Keeping Your Chimney in Great Shape
The key to avoiding major chimney repairs is keeping your chimney well-maintained. There are three ways you can do this:
- Schedule chimney sweep services once a year
Our lead sweep is always a CSIA-certified professional with the knowledge and equipment to safely remove flammable creosote from your chimney flue.
- Schedule annual chimney inspections
High’s provides basic chimney safety inspections, real estate sale inspections, system alterations and major damage. We’ll let you know of early signs of problems so you can get them fixed fast.
- Have repairs made when necessary
Never put off having your chimney repaired, even if the problem seems small. Small problems become big, expensive and complicated problems down the line.
It’s Easy to Get a Valuable Second Opinion
Speak with a chimney expert today at (301) 519-3500. We’ll be happy to give you a free, no-obligation second opinion and estimate on any chimney repair work you’re planning.