Chimney Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair for Bethesda, MD
Fireplace Service, Chimney Repair & Cleaning in Bethesda MD
At High’s Chimney Service, we strive to provide superior solutions for all your chimney needs. We are proud to serve the Bethesda area by offering comprehensive chimney cleanings and inspections. Our experienced specialists are capable of handling most repairs and chimney lining services. If you are interested in a chimney cleaning in Montgomery County, MD, look to our company to help you get the job done right.
One of America’s best educated and most walkable cities, Bethesda has a mixture of wonderful old architecture and modern building that blend perfectly. High’s has serviced thousands of chimneys in Bethesda and we go there every single day (it’s very near our office)
Our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland depend on us to help them have a safe and clean chimney for their families to enjoy. We also service all of Northern Virginia and Washington, DC. Whether you need a wood burning stove in Fairfax County, VA or a chimney sweep in Washington, DC, we are always willing to help you get the most out of your chimney and fireplace. Contact our company today at 1 (888) 444-4712 to schedule your next appointment.
|43.53||Avg rainfall in Bethesda, MD each year
A leaking chimney can cause damage to a home. Chimney inspections are recommended to find and fix leaks
|7.0%||Last year Bethesda residents made up 7.0% of our online bookings in Maryland.|
|$4,921||Avg cost of structure fires due to fireplaces, chimney or chimney connectors between 2010 and 2012|
|Monday-Friday||8 am – 4 pm|
|Saturday||8 am – 2 pm|
The Basics of Chimney Cleaning
- What Is A Chimney Sweep?
- Top 3 Reasons to Sweep your Chimney
- About Chimney Sweep Certifications – The Need To Know
- Five Reasons for Chimney Leaks and What to Do About Them
- Idea: Proper BTU Range by Room Size
- Is Chimney Repair Covered by Homeowner’s Insurance?
- The Benefits Of Wood Burning Stoves
- The Most Common Chimney Cleaning Mistakes
- Why Your Annual Chimney Maintenance Includes Exterior Inspection
- Four Common Chimney Problems
- Winter Chimney Checklist
- Animals and Birds Inside Your Chimney
- Masonry Chimney Repair & Relining
- Chimney Liners: Description, Types, and Importance
- All About Your Chimney Lining
- Benefits Of A Stainless Steel Chimney Liner
- About Creosote in Chimneys – Part 1: A Creosote Education
- About Creosote in Chimneys– Part 2: How to Remove Creosote
- About Creosote in Chimneys – Part 3: Why You Should Not Remove 3rd Degree Creosote from Tile Liners
Air Duct Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Cleaning, Why Is It Necessary?
- Why You Should Care About Duct Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Fires Are More Common Than Chimney Fires
- Dryer Vent Cleaning and Maintenance
- Air Duct Cleaning Washington, DC
Review of our work in Bethesda, MD
Project: Clean and Inspect a Chimney or Fireplace
We appreciated how the work was done in a timely fashion, the men were polite, and they did an excellent cleanup. Also, we chose High’s because we appreciated how they answered critics and seemed honest in defending themselves or accepting blame.
High’s Company Policy
We have a strict company policy NEVER to sell unnecessary services. If your chimney DOES NOT need to be cleaned, we will tell you so and charge only a trip charge.
If you ever have a problem with High’s for any reason, please call and ask for me personally. We run a tight ship at High’s and I’ll make sure anything wrong is made right.
Why choose High’s for fireplace installations and chimney service?
- Easy: A smooth process to make the appointment, with quick response. No waiting for weeks or months for an appointment.
- Experienced: You won’t get some “newbie” practicing on your house. Our men actually know what they are doing. The lead man on the job is always a Certified Chimney Sweep.
- Specialists: The masonry work and chimney lining work are handled by crews who specialize in that work. You don’t get a “do-it-all-guy” if you need a specialty job done.
- Trustworthy: High’s employees wear identifying clothes, carry photo IDs, and arrive in company marked vehicles. You don’t wonder who you’re letting into your house.
- Fast: You have other things to do, so we work efficiently. High’s sends two men per truck. This means we work more safely, as we finish more quickly.
- Value: Our prices are remarkably competitive. Anyone who charges less is delivering something less, because we run a tight ship at High’s.
- Punctual: Over 97% On-Time Arrival Rate (in the time window.) If we do run late, we’ll call you so you don’t wonder what’s going on. You don’t waste time waiting.
- Honest: We have a strict company policy NEVER to sell unnecessary services. If your chimney DOES NOT need to be cleaned, we will tell you so and charge only a trip charge.
Why get your chimney cleaned?
- To Prevent Chimney Fire. Between 2010 and 2012, there were an average of 22,700 residential structure fires due to chimneys, fireplaces and chimney connectors. The average cost per fire was $4921. Chimney fires are not always dramatic enough to alert the neighbors. Sometimes they burn slow and aren’t even visible, but they can still reach high temperatures and seep in the walls of your house and ignite anything flammable.
- To Protect Your Health. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is produced whenever fuel is burned. Even at low levels, carbon monoxide can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, confusion and fainting. A blocked chimney or a chimney with a improperly functioning flue can cause a buildup of this dangerous gas.
- To Avoid Smoke Damage. When a chimney is not properly cleaned and maintained, soot will accumulate around the flue. This makes it difficult for the flue to draw the smoke upwards and can cause smoke to enter your room.
When do you need a chimney sweep?
This is a tougher question than it sounds. The simple answer is: The National Fire Protection Association standard says, “Chimneys, fireplaces and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom of deposits and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintainence and repairs shall be done if necessary.” This is a national safety standard and is the correct way to approach the problem. It takes into account that even if you don’t use your chimney much, animals may build nests in the flue or there may be other types of deterioration that could make the chimney unsafe to use.
The Chimney Safety Instute of America recommends that open masonry fireplaces should be swept at 1/8″ of soot build up or sooner if there is any glaze in the system. This is considered to be enough fuel build up to cause a chimney fire that is capable of damaging the chimney or spreading to the home. Factory built fireplaces should be swept when any appreciable buildup occurs. The logic is that the deposit is quite acidic and can shorten the life of the fireplace. (source: Chimney Safety Institute of America – http://www.csia.org/about-csia/faq.aspx)
High’s Chimney Service Inc.
8045 Snouffer School Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
|Call Toll Free||888-444-4712|
Copyright ©2018 High’s Chimney Service, Inc. High’s Chimney Service, Inc. | 8045 Snouffer School Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20879