Web Special: $30.00 Off All Services
|¡Se Habla Español!|
Call Us Toll Free!
Chimney Repair in Montgomery County, MD
The city of Rockville, Maryland is historically and technologically rich. This town which first began as a path called the Sinequa Trail has now become known as the technology corridor of the Washington metropolitan area. Due to the town’s rich history, houses in the area range in age, causing concern for the safety and structural integrity of their chimneys. High’s Chimney is happy to help maintain the chimneys and fireplaces of the Rockville area. We encourage our customers to be proactive with their chimneys before winter and look to our company for a professional chimney repair in Montgomery County, MD.
|41.38in||Avg rainfall in Rockville, MD each year
A leaking chimney can cause damage to a home. Chimney inspections are recommended to find and fix leaks
|13%||Last year Rockville residents made up 13% of our online bookings in Maryland.|
|$4,921||Avg cost of structure fires due to fireplaces, chimney or chimney connectors between 2010 and 2012|
|Monday-Friday||8 am – 4 pm|
|Saturday||8 am – 2 pm|
The Basics of Chimney Cleaning
- What Is A Chimney Sweep?
- Top 3 Reasons to Sweep your Chimney
- About Chimney Sweep Certifications – The Need To Know
- Five Reasons for Chimney Leaks and What to Do About Them
- Idea: Proper BTU Range by Room Size
- Is Chimney Repair Covered by Homeowner’s Insurance?
- The Benefits Of Wood Burning Stoves
- The Most Common Chimney Cleaning Mistakes
- Why Your Annual Chimney Maintenance Includes Exterior Inspection
- Four Common Chimney Problems
- Winter Chimney Checklist
- Animals and Birds Inside Your Chimney
- Masonry Chimney Repair & Relining
- Chimney Liners: Description, Types, and Importance
- All About Your Chimney Lining
- Benefits Of A Stainless Steel Chimney Liner
- About Creosote in Chimneys – Part 1: A Creosote Education
- About Creosote in Chimneys– Part 2: How to Remove Creosote
- About Creosote in Chimneys – Part 3: Why You Should Not Remove 3rd Degree Creosote from Tile Liners
Air Duct Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Cleaning, Why Is It Necessary?
- Why You Should Care About Duct Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Fires Are More Common Than Chimney Fires
- Dryer Vent Cleaning and Maintenance
- Air Duct Cleaning Washington, DC
Review of our work in Rockville, MD
Reviewer: Kathleen W.
Project: Repair a Brick or Stone Fireplace (non-gas)
Called me asap, made appointment in conjunction with my schedule not theirs, arrived on time, totally professional, and in a matter of 15 minutes answered all my questions, extinguished the fear the last fireplace company had placed upon me, as well as….and most important…gave me a fare and reasonable price for the work I have to be done. I’m thrilled thus far and would totally recommend this company
High’s Company Policy
We have a strict company policy NEVER to sell unnecessary services. If your chimney DOES NOT need to be cleaned, we will tell you so and charge only a trip charge.
If you ever have a problem with High’s for any reason, please call and ask for me personally. We run a tight ship at High’s and I’ll make sure anything wrong is made right. – Mike Pinto, President – High’s Chimney
Why choose High’s?
- Easy: A smooth process to make the appointment, with quick response. No waiting for weeks or months for an appointment.
- Experienced: You won’t get some “newbie” practicing on your house. Our men actually know what they are doing. The lead man on the job is always a Certified Chimney Sweep.
- Specialists: The masonry work and chimney lining work are handled by crews who specialize in that work. You don’t get a “do-it-all-guy” if you need a specialty job done.
- Trustworthy: High’s employees wear identifying clothes, carry photo IDs, and arrive in company marked vehicles. You don’t wonder who you’re letting into your house.
- Fast: You have other things to do, so we work efficiently. High’s sends two men per truck. This means we work more safely, as we finish more quickly.
- Value: Our prices are remarkably competitive. Anyone who charges less is delivering something less, because we run a tight ship at High’s.
- Punctual: Over 97% On-Time Arrival Rate (in the time window.) If we do run late, we’ll call you so you don’t wonder what’s going on. You don’t waste time waiting.
- Honest: We have a strict company policy NEVER to sell unnecessary services. If your chimney DOES NOT need to be cleaned, we will tell you so and charge only a trip charge.
Why get your chimney cleaned?
- To Prevent Chimney Fire. Between 2010 and 2012, there were an average of 22,700 residential structure fires due to chimneys, fireplaces and chimney connectors. The average cost per fire was $4921. Chimney fires are not always dramatic enough to alert the neighbors. Sometimes they burn slow and aren’t even visible, but they can still reach high temperatures and seep in the walls of your house and ignite anything flammable.
- To Protect Your Health. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is produced whenever fuel is burned. Even at low levels, carbon monoxide can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, confusion and fainting. A blocked chimney or a chimney with a improperly functioning flue can cause a buildup of this dangerous gas.
- To Avoid Smoke Damage. When a chimney is not properly cleaned and maintained, soot will accumulate around the flue. This makes it difficult for the flue to draw the smoke upwards and can cause smoke to enter your room.
When does a chimney need to be cleaned?
This is a tougher question than it sounds. The simple answer is: The National Fire Protection Association standard says, “Chimneys, fireplaces and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom of deposits and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintainence and repairs shall be done if necessary.” This is a national safety standard and is the correct way to approach the problem. It takes into account that even if you don’t use your chimney much, animals may build nests in the flue or there may be other types of deterioration that could make the chimney unsafe to use.
The Chimney Safety Instute of America recommends that open masonry fireplaces should be swept at 1/8″ of soot build up or sooner if there is any glaze in the system. This is considered to be enough fuel build up to cause a chimney fire that is capable of damaging the chimney or spreading to the home. Factory built fireplaces should be swept when any appreciable buildup occurs. The logic is that the deposit is quite acidic and can shorten the life of the fireplace. (source: Chimney Safety Institute of America – http://www.csia.org/about-csia/faq.
Whether you are seeking a dryer vent cleaning in Fairfax County, VA, or you need a gas fireplace repair in Prince George’s County, MD, our company is pleased to offer an extensive list of services that serve a wide variety of markets. Contact our specialists today at 1 (888) 375-5691 to schedule your next chimney cleaning.
High’s Chimney Service Inc.
8045 Snouffer School Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
|Call Toll Free||888-375-5691|
Copyright ©2018 High’s Chimney Service, Inc. High’s Chimney Service, Inc. | 8045 Snouffer School Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20879