Web Special: $30.00 Off All Services
¡Se Habla Español!

Call Us Toll Free!


Call Us: (888) 444-4712

Chimney Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair for Rockville, MD

The city of Rockville, Maryland is historically and technologically rich. This town which first began as a path called the Sinequa Trail has now become known as the technology corridor of the Washington metropolitan area. With houses ranging in age it is important to maintain a safe and clean chimney. High’s Chimney is happy to help maintain the chimneys and fireplaces of the Rockville area for years to come. Contact one of our trained specialists to clean, inspect, and repair your chimney before the winter season hits.


Avg rainfall in Rockville, MD each year

A leaking chimney can cause damage to a home. Chimney inspections are recommended to find and fix leaks


Last year Rockville residents made up 13% of our online bookings in Maryland.


Avg cost of structure fires due to fireplaces, chimney or chimney connectors between 2010 and 2012

Monday-Friday8 am - 4 pm
Saturday8 am - 2 pm
Call Us(310) 519-3500

Schedule Services

View All Services >>

Review of our work in Rockville, MD

Reviewer: Kathleen W.
Project: Repair a Brick or Stone Fireplace (non-gas)

Called me asap, made appointment in conjunction with my schedule not theirs, arrived on time, totally professional, and in a matter of 15 minutes answered all my questions, extinguished the fear the last fireplace company had placed upon me, as well as....and most important...gave me a fare and reasonable price for the work I have to be done. I'm thrilled thus far and would totally recommend this company

Source: http://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.HighsChimneyServiceInc.8405003.html

High's Company Policy

We have a strict company policy NEVER to sell unnecessary services. If your chimney DOES NOT need to be cleaned, we will tell you so and charge only a trip charge.

If you ever have a problem with High's for any reason, please call and ask for me personally. We run a tight ship at High's and I'll make sure anything wrong is made right. - Mike Pinto, President - High's Chimney

Why choose High's?

Why get your chimney cleaned?

  1. To Prevent Chimney Fire. Between 2010 and 2012, there were an average of 22,700 residential structure fires due to chimneys, fireplaces and chimney connectors. The average cost per fire was $4921. Chimney fires are not always dramatic enough to alert the neighbors. Sometimes they burn slow and aren't even visible, but they can still reach high temperatures and seep in the walls of your house and ignite anything flammable.
  2. To Protect Your Health. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is produced whenever fuel is burned. Even at low levels, carbon monoxide can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, confusion and fainting. A blocked chimney or a chimney with a improperly functioning flue can cause a buildup of this dangerous gas.
  3. To Avoid Smoke Damage. When a chimney is not properly cleaned and maintained, soot will accumulate around the flue. This makes it difficult for the flue to draw the smoke upwards and can cause smoke to enter your room.

When does a chimney need to be cleaned?

This is a tougher question than it sounds. The simple answer is: The National Fire Protection Association standard says, "Chimneys, fireplaces and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom of deposits and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintainence and repairs shall be done if necessary." This is a national safety standard and is the correct way to approach the problem. It takes into account that even if you don't use your chimney much, animals may build nests in the flue or there may be other types of deterioration that could make the chimney unsafe to use.

The Chimney Safety Instute of America recommends that open masonry fireplaces should be swept at 1/8" of soot build up or sooner if there is any glaze in the system. This is considered to be enough fuel build up to cause a chimney fire that is capable of damaging the chimney or spreading to the home. Factory built fireplaces should be swept when any appreciable buildup occurs. The logic is that the deposit is quite acidic and  can shorten the life of the fireplace. (source: Chimney Safety Institute of America - http://www.csia.org/about-csia/faq.aspx)